Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

 Signs of Life


I've detected a heartbeat in this blog and it may be time to bring it back to life. 

My few followers, except Monte (bless you, Monte, did you forget?), opted out long ago. Who can blame them? I haven't written much here in several years and I've had plenty of problems of my own to worry me. Poor me.

But I have been writing. I wrote a book, a memoir, this year. It's in the hands of a good editor. I didn't think I could do it but she likes it and so do my beta readers. It is tentatively called Love and Taxes in a Small Land. I'll let you know if I ever find a publisher, or maybe I'll have to figure out self-publishing.

I wrote a good story, too, The Chechen. I had some help with that from my old pal Boris. He gave me some credible Chechen names and settings and history. That story has been accepted for publication by an online magazine. I'll boost it here once I see it in electrons.

I've been recovering from a two-year-long struggle with the disease NPH, normal pressure hydrocephalus. It used to be called "water on the brain." It hasn't been easy but I'm a lot better than I was. My recovery has been made possible by the devotion of my partner and love Kathy Webster. She did everything for me. She is a keeper.

There is so much strange and confounding news that I don't know what to address first. I'll try to be consistent with what I've written in the past, but who knows? I evolve, too. 

Please subscribe. I need your feedback and I love your comments. 

If you'd like me to regard something that particularly galls or pleases you, let me know what it is and say a few things yourself. 

If you are moved to write, I invite you to submit your own essays here. I'll publish them, even if I don't agree with you, as long as they don't exceed common community standards.

One last thing. This is an opinion and satire blog. Always will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment