Translate

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Oops from Mike Mullen


We tax all the others and pass the revenue on to you


[Disclaimer:  I am a life member of the DAV]

Fox News reported today, after I wrote earlier about Mike Mullen's strange remarks:

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen has apologized to the Disabled American Veterans for a comment he made during an address to the Council on Foundations.

During the April 26 address, Adm. Mullen said non-profit groups, and not government, should take care of veterans.

Adm. Mullen said in a statement that it was a "poor choice of words."

"The point I was trying to make -- and perhaps not so eloquently -- is that the scope of the needs confronting our troops and their families is too great and too deep to be met only through the bureaucracy. Yes, the government must provide our veterans with educational opportunities, employment assistance and quality health care. But we must also recognize there are some needs best delivered and best administered at the local level," the statement read.

The Disabled American Veterans said it is the "exclusive responsibility of the federal government because it creates disabled
veterans."

MikeyM, you blamed the skipper of the USS Cole for an unforeseeable event to which, in fact, he responded well and in accordance with his training, such as it was (and his training was your responsibility).

Let's apply the same vague standard to you, Mike.  You, who never fired a shot in anger, slimed the entire universe of disabled vets and you did it on the record.  Now it's your time to go.  Go, Mikey.  Shoo.  Get off the porch.



1 comment:

  1. It's been a busy week for me, but I like to read these posts and in the middle of all that's going on, I'm sure glad I did today. My mood is elevated. I'm not sure why. The Python quote made me laugh out loud. That was healthy. Maybe another component of my better mood is that it's just nice to hear clear thinking, and feel that in some way, I'm maybe clever enough to appreciate it.

    Thanks Chuck!

    ReplyDelete